YOUR APPOINTMENT LOCATION IS AT 1450 SHERMAN AVE, CHICO, CA 95926
Paramex Screening Services has been providing Insurance Testing for over 35 years. Our office has little to no waiting time for scheduled appointments. Most exams are in and out within 25 minutes. Please take a moment to read some of the important details below related to your exam.
Be Prepared for your Physical - Special Instructions
1. Arrive on time
Your Appointment cannot be performed earlier than was scheduled, and late appointments may be canceled to avoid a lapse into another client's appointment time.
2. What to bring
- A valid copy of your Photo ID
- Provide names and dosages of current or recently used medications
- Information including member numbers or any current health insurance
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any doctors or clinics visited in the past 5 years
3. Dietary & Physical Recomendations
- Fast 4-8 hours prior to the appointment
- Limit salt and high -cholesterol foods 24 hours prior to the exam
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to the appointment
- Limit caffeine and nicotine one hour prior to the appointment
- Drink a glass of water 1 hour prior to the appointment - VERY HELPFUL
- Avoid Strenuous exercise 12 hours prior to the exam
- Get a good night of sleep prior to the examination
4. Fasting (no eating)
Please do not eat 4-8 hours prior to the appointment. *THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS SUCH AS DIABETES THAT WOULD PREVENT YOU SAFELY FASTING FOR THIS PERIOD OF TIME.
5. Health History
You will be asked basic health history information. Please be prepared to indicate dates of onset, diagnosis, treating physician's name and address, and current limitations related to a medical condition or operation.
Frequently asked Questions
All Exams vary based on if you are prepared and what services need to be performed.
Exams that begin on time usually take no greater than 30 minutes. If your examiner expects your exam will need a greater amount of time or needs to be rescheduled, you will be called to make these arrangements. Below is a general scale of exam lengths.
15 - 20 minutes for a Blood Draw and Urine
20 - 30 minutes for a paramedical exam, blood draw, and urine
30 - 45 minutes for a paramedical exam, blood draw, urine and EKG
5. Will I need to have my blood drawn?
If your exam requires a blood sample than a medically trained professional will perform the blood draw. Only single-use sterile, disposable needles are used to collect the specimen and gloves are always worn.
6. What is an EKG?
EKG stands for electrocardiogram. If your insurance company requires an EKG, it will be performed at the time of the examination. An EKG records electric impulses of the heart. Testing is usually completed in less than 10 minutes, and same sex examiners are always used for this portion of the exam.
7. What happens when the exam is complete?
The paramedical examination and any additional requirements are forwarded to the insurance company. Any specimens obtained during the examination are sent to our laboratory or another designated laboratory and the results are then forwarded to the insurance company for assessment.
Didn't see your question. Take a moment to ask us.
1. What is a paramedical exam?
2. Will I need to pay for the exam or Co-Pay?
3. Where is the exam performed?
4. How long will it take?
It is a personal interview with you to collect information about your medical history. This information allows the insurance company to perform a comprehensive evaluation of your current health. The exam usually includes recording height, weight, blood pressure, and pulse. The exam may also include the collection of blood, urine, oral fluid, and an electrocardiogram (EKG) depending on the insurance company's guidelines.
There is no charge for any of these services.
All Insurance Exams are performed at Paramex Screening Services. We are located at 1450 Sherman Avenue, Chico, CA 95926.